Reuters | Feb 13, 2020 16:13
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.07 percent to 17,821.17
* Leading the index were Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd , up 8.6%, Bombardier Inc , up 8.3%, and Real Matters Inc , higher by 4.7%.
* Lagging shares were iA Financial Corporation Inc , down 4.3%, Semafo Inc, down 4.0%, and Canada Goose Holdings Inc, lower by 3.8%.
* On the TSX 121 issues rose and 105 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 30 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 255.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Barrick Gold Corp.
* The TSX's energy group fell 0.69 points, or 0.5%, while the financials sector climbed 0.17 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.82%, or $0.42, to $51.59 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.34% , or $0.75, to $56.54
* The TSX is up 4.4% for the year.
Written By: Reuters
Trading in financial instruments and/or cryptocurrencies involves high risks including the risk of losing some, or all, of your investment amount, and may not be suitable for all investors. Prices of cryptocurrencies are extremely volatile and may be affected by external factors such as financial, regulatory or political events. Trading on margin increases the financial risks.
Before deciding to trade in financial instrument or cryptocurrencies you should be fully informed of the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite, and seek professional advice where needed.
Fusion Media would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. The data and prices on the website are not necessarily provided by any market or exchange, but may be provided by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual price at any given market, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Fusion Media and any provider of the data contained in this website will not accept liability for any loss or damage as a result of your trading, or your reliance on the information contained within this website.
It is prohibited to use, store, reproduce, display, modify, transmit or distribute the data contained in this website without the explicit prior written permission of Fusion Media and/or the data provider. All intellectual property rights are reserved by the providers and/or the exchange providing the data contained in this website.
Fusion Media may be compensated by the advertisers that appear on the website, based on your interaction with the advertisements or advertisers.